My name is Matt Adair
When people ask me why I started Griddiron, I tell them:
I help church leaders grow their preaching, grow their team and grow themselves.
But what I really wanna tell people is:
I help Babe Ruth hit the ball 10 feet further. I help Dr. King find the right word for his 'I Have A Dream Speech'. I help Steve Jobs develop the iPhone.
I work with some of the greatest leaders in the world. Some of them you may know; most of them you have never heard of. Ordinary men and women doing extraordinary work.
And I have the privilege of helping them get where they want to go.
How did I get here?
I grew up in the most un-military military family ever. My dad was an Air Force officer who didn't confuse home and work.
That had a big impact on me.
Work when you are working.
When you're done at work, leave it there.
I was pretty good in school. A rather mediocre athlete. Played a lot of Nintendo (didn't even need the code to Contra to beat the game). Watched a lot of pro wrestling (still do). Listened to a lot of 80s hair metal.
I grew up in church. No clue when I became a follower of Jesus.
Might have been at some of the critical mile-markers in my life.
Like getting hit by a car on the way to school in 6th grade.
Or when I got arrested - twice - in high school for shoplifting.
Who knows? What I can say is that I'm increasingly convinced that God loves me.
In spite of me.
I started working in churches after I graduated from Samford University in Birmingham, AL.
I moved to Athens, GA in 2004 to become lead pastor of Christ Church Presbyterian.
I was 28.
And they were crazy.
My first two years were rough.
Every time I thought I had the answers, someone changed the question.
I started Griddiron because I don't want any church leader to feel the way I felt those first two years.
The only leaders who never hit a rough patch simply aren't pushing the envelope.
Helping You Grow
Everything we create at Griddiron Solutions - from private coaching to our online programs - exists to help you be that kind of leader.
A leader who pushes the envelope.
A leader who never stops learning.
A leader who continues to grow.
If you want a taste of what we offer, here are a couple of resources we created for you to get to know us - and more importantly, to solve real problems in your life and leadership:
- What Is A Leadership Pipeline? - Check this out if you're tired of guessing how to develop leaders
- 15 Simple Habits That Increase Productivity - Grab this if you know you need to grow personally but aren't sure what to do next
And if you're still reading and wanna know a little more about me:
- My favorite place in the entire world is my home. My wife, Lindsey, makes me ridiculously happy. And my three boys are a blast.
- If there was a market for a podcast on college football and pro wrestling, I'd dominate that market.
- I weigh less now than I did when I started high school. #huskykid
- I never thought I would stay in Athens for more than a decade, and now I'm pretty sure I'll never leave.
- I am obsessed with guitars but have never played one in my life.
- I have over 40 podcasts I listen to consistently, and only one of them is a sermon podcast.