There's a modern proverb that says "if it doesn't get scheduled, it doesn't get done." If you want to get the most out of your day, building your schedule the right way is a simple and effective strategy.
There are plenty of ways to plan your day, but by far the most powerful way to maximize your time is to prioritize your schedule based on the significance of a potential project or task.
In this five minute video, I share five areas that you need to prioritize to take charge of your schedule. Not all of these areas are equally important, but without a plan, you'll spend most days feeling like you're behind.
So we'll cover everything from email to content creation (sermon prep, writing projects, etc.) and everything in between. Adopting a strategy in these five areas will help you get the most out of your day!
What We Learned In This Episode
- The importance of 'blocking and batching' your schedule and tasks
- Why it's critical to identify your work that matters most
- Why you shouldn't use your inbox as your to-do list
- What most leaders get wrong about delegation
- Where sermon prep and other writing projects fit into your priorities
- And much, much more!
Do The Next Right Thing
- Plan your day in 30-60 minute blocks
- Fill in those blocks of time based on what is significant, starting with content creation and ending with email.
- Focus on the task that is scheduled. Let your planning do the work of deciding what you should be doing right now.
Important Links and Mentions From This Episode
- 15 Simple Ways To Increase Your Productivity
- Virtual Assistant Services by Belay
- Transcript for this episode
Thank You For Watching!
There is a lot of content you could be taking in today, but you chose mine, and I'm grateful for that! If this was helpful for you, I'd really appreciate it if you shared it via email or social media using the menu below.