Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want To Miss:
- Training doesn’t develop leaders. Training allows organizations to batch content and scale their message. But the results speak for themselves - leadership training doesn’t produce better leaders.
- The best way to develop leaders is through relationship. Taking a more personalized approach that emphasizes empathy, clarity and service results in leaders who do their best work for the long haul.
- Develop emotional intelligence, and you’ve done 80% of the work. Leadership failure can almost always be attributed to a lack of self-awareness or empathy, which are the heart and soul of emotional intelligence.
The problem with leadership training is less about the content and more about the context. Three simple questions asked in the context of a genuine relationship creates a fertile field of potential. This episode cracks the code on a topic that has attracted lots of attention, a ton of ideas and sketchy results.
Ready To Find Freedom? Grab Our FREE Guide And Find Out.
If you need time to figure out how to develop the leaders around you, we created a FREE guide to help you take clear next steps. This simple three-step process will give you a simple way to find clarity, gain momentum and produce results that lead to freedom. Taking 10 seconds to download the guide will set you up for success!
Check Out These Highlights:
- Matt and Tal’s favorite Halloween costumes growing up
- Why leadership development training doesn’t work
- Why leadership development is vital to your health
- Who should be developing leaders
- The power of relationship when it comes to developing leaders
- Three questions you should ask if you want to develop leaders
- How to put those three questions to work for you this week
- Matt’s Halloween tips
Links Mentioned In The Episode:
- Episode 4 - Ambition
- Picture - The inspiration for Matt and Tal’s favorite Halloween costumes growing up
- Article - “Why Leadership Development Isn’t Developing Leaders”
- Case Study - “Developing Sustainable Leaders…”
- FREE Resource - fivefactors.net/freedom
- Five Factors Coaching - fivefactors.net/join
- Five Factors Facebook Group
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of the Five Factors Podcast. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on iTunes by clicking on the link below. You’ll help us keep delivering life-changing information every week!