Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want To Miss:
- Leadership is an act of love. ‘Leadership is about loving and serving others well and drawing out the best from them and aligning them on a mission together.’
- Leaders are not well-rounded. Each of us naturally leads from our heart, soul, mind or strength. But healthy leaders develop ways to lead with awareness of the value of each perspective.
- We need more women leaders. Women leaders struggle with insecurity and a lack of opportunities. Men can be sensitive to the struggles of potential women leaders and be patient as you persist in inviting women into leadership.
The Church and our culture are at a crossroads when it comes to the role of women in leadership. Let’s fight for clarity about what the Scriptures teach, recognize the complementary gifts of men and women, and be aggressive to raise up women leaders within the boundaries of our complementarianism.
Leave a rating and review and help other leaders lead for the long haul
The Five Factors Podcast exists to help leaders thrive. By focusing on their personal development, leaders give themselves the best opportunity to lead well for a long time.
If you have been helped by our conversation with Jenni, will you leave a rating and review of the podcast? This small investment of time on your part will let other leaders know that we are here to help them.
Check Out These Highlights:
- Matt gripes about churches (sort of) who play the Advent card and ignore the rest of the Church calendar
- Tal shares how he avoids the “Merry Christmas” police
- The importance of focusing on incremental growth in multiple areas as a leader
- Why Jenni hosts coaching groups in her home
- The surprising area of growth for Jenni as a leader, and the lesson learned for every leader
- The challenges and opportunities men and women face in developing women leaders in the church
- Jenni’s thoughts on Heather Larson’s promotion to lead pastor of Willow Creek
- How to treat people we disagree with
- Four simple steps you should take to develop yourself into an extraordinary leader
Links Mentioned In The Episode
- BOOK - The 4 Dimensions of Extraordinary Leadership
- FREE Resource - The 4 Dimensions of Extraordinary Leadership Guide
- WEBSITE - jennicatron.com or get4sight.com
- FOLLOW - Jenni Catron on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- FREE Resource - fivefactors.net/overview
- Five Factors Coaching - fivefactors.net/join
- Five Factors Facebook Group