Nothing matters more to the work of a pastor than preaching. However, most pastors hit a wall where they stop developing as a preacher. These seasons are personally frustrating and potentially damaging to the churches we lead.
In this fifteen minute video, I talk about one of those seasons in my life, the lessons I learned and share common mistakes we make when we try to get our preaching back on track.
From relying too much on more information to attempting to improve on your own, these mistakes won't help you improve - they'll actually set you back even further.
What You'll Learn In This Episode
- What happens when you forget why you want to preach.
- Why taking action matters more than gathering more information.
- Why your attempts to be well-rounded in preaching is holding you back
- The team you need around you to consistently make progress in your development.
Do The Next Right Thing
Leave a comment below with your answer to these two questions:
- What area of preaching (planning, preparation, delivery) do you want to improve in the next three months?
- Why is it important for you to grow in that area?
If you'd prefer to send me an email rather than leave a comment, you can get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Links and Mentions From This Episode
Thank You For Watching!
There is a lot of content you could be taking in today, but you chose mine, and I'm grateful for that! If this was helpful for you, I'd really appreciate it if you shared it via email or social media using the menu below.