In the second of four episodes on how healthy leaders use their smartphones, Matt and Tal talk through the details of taking a 24-hour break from your smartphone. They talk about why we get hooked on our phones, the benefits of taking a 24-hour break from our phones and how to take the next steps to freedom.
Benefits of a Digital Detox:
- Freedom from FOMO: The fear of missing out (FOMO) is a problem compounded by the way our phones tap into our neurochemistry. A consistent break from your phone disrupts that connection and helps to create healthier phone habits.
- Freedom from Overwork: Show us the person who is always on their phone, and we’ll show you a person who is working more than they should.
- Freedom for Praying: Few challenges are more difficult to overcome than disconnecting from the constant distraction of your phone to make room for focused times of prayer.
- Freedom for Play: When you have an entire day disconnected from your phone, you find time to enjoy unhurried opportunities for fun and leisure with family and friends.
- PODCAST: Your Relationship With Your Smartphone Is Complicated
- FREE RESOURCE: The Healthy Practices of Leaders, Volume 1
- GET HELP: Ask Matt and Tal a Question
- CONNECT: Five Factors Facebook Group
- FOLLOW: Matt (twitter.com/mattadair) and Tal (twitter.com/talprince)
Rate & Review the Podcast
Reviews for the podcast on iTunes and greatly appreciated! They help us build awareness for the show, which in turn allows us to bring value to more listeners like you. Not only that, but they help us better understand what matters the most to you so that we can constantly improve. If you received value from this episode, it would mean the world if you could take a moment and leave your honest rating and review. You can do that by clicking here!