Our work as pastors is profoundly spiritual yet when it comes to prayer, most pastors aren’t putting in the work. What’s going on? Here’s what we’ve seen and heard in our personal experience and in our coaching program with other pastors:
Why Don’t Pastors Pray?
- We don’t believe prayerlessness is a sin.
- We think we’re smarter than pastors from previous generations.
- We skip over parts of the New Testament where prayer is the priority.
- We think we have the power to change people.
- We don’t know how to pray.
After you listen to the podcast, take 10 minutes to pray and write down what’s going on today that makes it so hard for you to pray.
- GET HELP: Ask Matt and Tal a Question
- CONNECT: Five Factors Facebook Group
- FOLLOW: Matt (twitter.com/mattadair) and Tal (twitter.com/talprince)
Rate & Review the Podcast
Reviews for the podcast on iTunes and greatly appreciated! They help us build awareness for the show, which in turn allows us to bring value to more listeners like you. Not only that, but they help us better understand what matters the most to you so that we can constantly improve. If you received value from this episode, it would mean the world if you could take a moment and leave your honest rating and review. You can do that by clicking here!