“Is that coaching?” “No, that’s not coaching.” “Here’s what coaching looks like.” This is the conversation among church leaders when it comes to coaching, and it’s largely unhelpful. The truth is there are three primary ways to coach leaders and you should choose the approach that is most helpful to you right now.
Types of Coaches:
- Mentor - Coaches who have been successful where you are struggling. Priority is on information that shows you how they achieved success.
- Pastor - Coaches who care for you as you lead. Priority is on confirmation of God’s love for you and his calling on your life.
- Trainer - Coaches who put you in the best position to succeed. Priority is on their dedication to helping you reach your goals.
- FREE RESOURCE: The Healthy Practices of Leaders, Volume 1
- EPISODE - 5 Life-Changing Benefits of Hiring A Coach
- EPISODE - Elliot Grudem on Spiritual Friendships
- GET HELP: Ask Matt and Tal a Question
- CONNECT: Five Factors Facebook Group
- FOLLOW: Matt (twitter.com/mattadair) and Tal (twitter.com/talprince)
Rate & Review the Podcast
Reviews for the podcast on iTunes and greatly appreciated! They help us build awareness for the show, which in turn allows us to bring value to more listeners like you. Not only that, but they help us better understand what matters the most to you so that we can constantly improve. If you received value from this episode, it would mean the world if you could take a moment and leave your honest rating and review. You can do that by clicking here!